The Oscars 2017 Red Carpet showed a lot of strong potential this year for Best-Dressed and Best Over-All look, but the one person who really stood out last night for us was Janelle Monae! Giving us a “Whimsical-Victorian” vibe dressed in Ellie Saab, she definitely stole the show and left us all wondering where in the world we could wear a dress like this to, if we could ever get our hands on one? A girl can dream right?!
Although the stunning dress may be a little hard to get your hands on, there is one thing that we can replicate from this stunning red carpet look and that is Janelle Monae’s beauty look courtesy of talented make-up artist, Jessica Smalls. Jessica shows us how she achieved this soft, peachy look below with COVERGIRL cosmetics!
“I wanted to keep Janelle’s lip look soft with a peach toned nude lip, I started by lining and filling in her lips with COVERGIRL LipPerfection Liner in Smoky and then applied a swipe of COVERGIRL All Day Color & Gloss in Profound Peach to give a muted touch of color that would last throughout the entire award show”
“For a bronze goddess look I took some COVERGIRL truBlend Bronzer in Bronze and mixed it in into her moisturizer to prep her skin, this added a bit of shimmer and all over color. Once her look was complete, I defined her cheeks a bit more by blending COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Ebony Bronzeto intensify the glow.”
Get Janelle Monae’s Oscars beauty look at home using the following COVERGIRL products:
- COVERGIRL So Lashy! BlastPro Mascara in Extreme Black
- COVERGIRL truNaked Eyeshadow Palettein Nudes
- COVERGIRL Easy Breezy Brow Shape + Define Brow Mascarain Soft Brown
- COVERGIRL Easy Breezy Brow Fill + Shape + Define Brow Powder in Soft Brown
- COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Color & Glossin Profound Peach
- COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzerin Ebony Bronzer
- COVERGIRL truBlend Bronzerin Bronzer
- COVERGIRL LipPerfection Linerin Smoky